While it is about "me" and my uniqueness, it is also about "we" and where I fit in.
Creating an inclusive workplace means balancing the two. We want everyone to feel that their identity is understood and recognized for its uniqueness but also that their identity is embraced and enhanced by the wider group to which they belong. Here are some examples of how we work every day, to make everyone feel included and like they belong.
Online sessions for all
Fostering an inclusive culture is everybody’s business and that’s why we want to make it easy for everybody to understand what inclusion is about and what each of us can do to foster an inclusive culture and become more aware of our own bias.
We have 2 different sessions available:
- Ignite Inclusion for all employees
- Lead Inclusively for all leaders
Ignite Inclusion raises mindfulness about everyday acts of exclusion and how to check yourself for bias. The participants are made aware of their headwinds and tailwinds, and how to use these in everyday work to be active allies of inclusion.
For our leaders we offer online training sessions called Lead Inclusively. During the sessions, our leaders learn more about being active allies and role models for inclusive behaviour. The Lead Inclusively sessions are very important, because our leaders play a key role in determining who is hired, developed, and promoted across LEO Pharma.
ALL IN @ LEO
ALL IN @ LEO is LEO Pharma’s D&I network, where we collaborate across functions, teams, and locations to create initiatives that can foster a more inclusive workplace.
ALL IN stands for Allies Leading LEO’s Inclusive Network. The network has members from various nationalities, including American, Australian, Canadian, Danish, Egyptian, French, Polish, Mexican and many more.
Inclusion is everybody’s business
It is important for us to foster an inclusive culture, and to ensure that our ways of working, and our processes are inclusive.
Besides offering online learning sessions for everyone in LEO Pharma, we are also making sure that we continuously recognize and celebrate important events such as International Women’s Day, Global Pride Month, etc. By recognizing and celebrating these important days and events, we show our commitment and support to fostering an inclusive culture for everyone.
Likewise, we are working to ensure that our processes are also inclusive for everyone. Some of the recent initiatives are:
- D&I dashboards: We have developed D&I dashboards enabling all HR business partners to investigate which D&I areas that are relevant to focus on within their countries/regions/business areas.
- Talent Acquisition: We are continuously educating our Talent Acquisition Partners in D&I to enable them to support and challenge our hiring managers in the recruitment process.
- Performance Management: We have integrated bias training into our performance management process to ensure that our leaders are mindful that assessing their employees is a moment that matters when fostering a diverse and inclusive workplace.