BALLERUP, 13 September 2016 – LEO Pharma today announced changes to its global leadership team. The changes come just a few months after the company signed a USD 1 billion partnership with AstraZeneca covering potential new biologic medicines for two of the world’s major skin diseases, atopic dermatitis and psoriasis, where a significant unmet medical need remains.
“Now that we have successfully expanded our dermatology portfolio beyond topical treatments to include biologics, our next step is to build our competencies within biologics. The changes to our global leadership announced today will help our entry into the biologics market, where there is a high unmet need amongst people with skin diseases,” says LEO Pharma President and CEO Gitte Aabo.
New global leadership team
Guillaume Clément is appointed Executive Vice President, Region EUROPE+. Guillaume Clément joined LEO Pharma in 2009 and recently held the position of Vice President, Area France, Canada and Belgium.
To realise the potential of future launches in the US, a recruitment process has been initiated for a new Executive Vice President for Region US. LEO Pharma expects to bring a potential new biological treatment in atopic dermatitis to the US as the first market. Barbara Osborne, former Executive Vice President Region US, will leave the company.
Patrice Baudry is appointed Senior Vice President of Global Strategy & Portfolio Management, a new global function that merges Global Strategy & Business Development with Global Commercial Strategy.
From today, LEO Pharma’s global leadership team comprises the following functions and leaders:
- President and CEO Gitte Aabo
- Region EUROPE+, Executive Vice President Guillaume Clément
- Region INTERNATIONAL, Executive Vice President Joergen Damsbo Andersen
- Region US, Executive Vice President Joergen Damsbo Andersen (interim)
- Global Research & Development, Executive Vice President Kim Kjoeller
- Global Finance, IT and Legal, Executive Vice President Anders Kronborg
- Global People & Communications, Senior Vice President Mette Vestergaard
- Global Product Supply, Senior Vice President Jim McPherson
- Global Strategy & Portfolio Management, Senior Vice President Patrice Baudry.
All Executive Vice Presidents and Senior Vice Presidents report to the CEO.